Monday, September 6, 2010

The Purpose


In the previous post I briefly discussed the evolution of my interest in photography, how I've become enamored with the idea of taking fewer "snapshots" and more "photographs".  What is the purpose of this blog?  I've never had the urge to share my thoughts with the world, to climb up on my soapbox and shout into the wind...  And I certainly don't think that I am a particularly good writer, brilliant photographer, or someone possessing a unique voice in this world of countless blogs...  What I have found, when discussing photography with other "newbies" that I've had the pleasure to meet in the past year or two, is that we all share a common ground of curiosity, discovery, a ton of questions, plenty of discarded shots, countless near misses, and the occasional "damn, that turned out nice" that makes the process of learning all worthwhile... 

So, the purpose of this blog is for me to share my own discoveries and thoughts as I try to become a better photographer.  I'll be sharing thoughts, pointing out books, websites, blogs, etc. that I think are interesting or that have helped me understand photography better, have inspired me, challenged me, pushed me to work harder, think differently, become better...

I may post every day, several times a day, or once a week.  I won't post for the sake of posting, but I will post whenever I come across something that I think is worth sharing.  I can only hope that someone else draws some inspiration or gains a bit of knowledge as this "newbie" shares his journey of discovery...

No comments:

Post a Comment