Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2013 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Patterns

The sun sets lower on the horizon, the chill of winter sets in, the days slip away to  grey, and my thoughts turn to color and light...

As you walk around at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta one thing that quickly strikes you is the abundance of color, shapes, and patterns...



Bert Hardy once said "everywhere I look and most of the time I look, I see photographs."  



That's how I felt as I walked the grounds, weaving between the inflating balloons.  Even the balloons that were partially inflated caught my eye, as the colors and patterns folded back on themselves.




I never got tired of looking, or taking photos.


When it was all over I was left with a feeling of wonder, as seeing hundreds of balloons fill the sky at once made one feel like a child, when the littlest things could be filled with a sense of magic...

You can buy prints from the 2013 ABQ International Balloon Fiesta here

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-55 DX

No comments:

Post a Comment