Sunday, October 14, 2012

Perspective

One of the goals I set for myself a couple of months ago was to post at least one photo a day on this blog.  Although it can honestly be a pain, another daily obligation, it's also given me the opportunity to more frequently look through what I've shot so far, and to think about what I like, what I don't like, and to just simply think...  A couple of days ago I posted the photo below.  I like it, how the yellow of the flowers plays against the yellow in the butterfly's wings, the overall vibrant colors.  What I don't like is the "top down" perspective...  



This shot was taken in the same sequence.  Same flowers, same butterfly. I like this one better because it's not a typical "looking down at a pretty flower" shot.  A great shot? No. But I think it's still a better shot...


Nikon D40, Nikkor 55 - 200 DX VR

No comments:

Post a Comment