Monday, June 2, 2014

Oregon Coast

A couple of weeks ago we went to Oregon, a week long getaway to explore new places and experience new things.  We spent the first couple of days in Portland, then rented a car and headed down the coast to Newport, where we spent a couple of days exploring the coast.  For a long time I've wanted to drive down the coast on Highway 101, and now was my chance...

The wreck of the Peter Iredale, grounded on Clatsop Spit, Fort Stevens State Park, was the first stop.  The tide was coming in and the midday light was harsh, so I tried a black and white take on the scene...



Further down the coast is Cape Meares Light, a lighthouse located on Cape Meares just south of Tillamook Bay...


Yaquina Head Light is a lighthouse just north of Newport. I went in the evening as clouds were rolling in, so hoping to capture some of the drama that was in the sky...


One morning we were driving down Highway 101 near Cape Pereptua, enjoying the scenery, when I glanced over and saw the light streaming through the trees.  A quick U-turn, and I spent several minutes looking for the right angle to capture what I saw...


And no photographer can go this area of Oregon without checking out Thor's Well, located on Cape Perpetua...





Nikon D7000, Nikkor 10-24 DX (top photo), Nikkor 16-85 DX VR (rest)

Check out my online gallery here 

No comments:

Post a Comment