Monday, October 21, 2013

2013 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Balloon Glow

Among the numerous activities taking place at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta are three main events - Dawn Patrol, which occurs every morning before and as the sun rises, Mass Ascensions (which I wrote about previously) occur on Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesday, and various themed Balloon Glows, which occurred this year five times over the course of the nine day fiesta...

This year I went to the Fiesta Glow which occurred on the last day of the festival.  As the sun set, slowly the balloons filled, glowing...


Once the sun dipped below the horizon the Fiesta (Ballon) Glow commenced, multiple balloons firing their burners simultaneously... 



Leading up to all of the balloons firing their burners and lighting up at the same time...




Once the sun set and the sky turned black, I turned my attention to getting shots of individuals burners firing...



All in all the whole Balloon Fiesta was an event I'm glad I attended both in the morning and in the evening, and I will definitely be going back next year.


You can buy prints from the 2013 ABQ International Balloon Fiesta here

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-55 DX

No comments:

Post a Comment