Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tumblin' TumbleDeux...


Yesterday I posted a photo of this same tumbleweed.  The only difference between the two shots is how I framed the subject.  The first shot focused tight on the tumbleweed, compared to this shot, where I pulled back some to show more of the background, trying to invoke the feeling of wide open space behind the tumbleweed.  When I first went through the photos from that day these two shots of the tumbleweed stood out, but I wavered on which one I liked best.  As some time has passed since that first initial review of the trip’s photos it has become clear that the tighter shot, where the tumbleweed is clearly the subject, is the better shot…

Another thing I noticed when comparing the two again today is that the barb wire in the closer shot follows the principle of the “rule of thirds” almost perfectly.  This wasn’t intentional at the time that I took this photo (the placement of the tumbleweed in the frame was, but not the placement of the barbed wire), but perhaps it was a subconscious decision?...  


Nikon D7000, Nikkor 55-300 DX VR

Order a print here

No comments:

Post a Comment