Friday, February 6, 2015

Mostly Madrid

I'm pleased to announce that a selection of my work is being shown at "Mostly Madrid," an artist's gallery located in the Gypsy Plaza on the south end of Madrid, New Mexico, across from the Mine Shaft Tavern.  "Mostly Madrid" is open every day of the week from noon to 5 PM (sometimes opening earlier, sometimes staying open a little later).  I will be there most Sundays and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the displayed work or my photography in general.

My work is located on the right side of the gallery as you walk into the door.

I thought I'd use this post to give a little background on some of the work I have for sale (and that I haven't written about in a previous post).

"Camión Verde," the Green Truck, was taken July 2013.  This is one of my first attempts at High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and probably the first effective use of my wide angle lens.  "Camión Verde" is available as a 12"x18" Infused Aluminum Print, ready to hang, for $125.

"Ascension" was taken in October 2013 during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, my first trip to this event.  The cloudless blue sky made for a clean background as this balloon flew overhead.  "Ascension" is available as a 12"x18" Infused Aluminum Print, ready to hang, for $125.

"Autumn Harvest" was taken in November 2013 while walking around Los Cerrillos, New Mexico.  The pumpkins, dried ears of corn, hitching post, cactus, adobe wall and wood door, and leaves on ground all made for a nice autumn display.  "Autumn Harvest" is available as a 12"x16" stretched giclée canvas print mounted on a wood frame, ready to hang, for $65.

This shot was taken in January 2014 during a trip to "El Santuario de Chimayo," which is about a half hour drive north of Santa Fe.  El Santuario de Chimayo is a Roman Catholic church listed as a National Historic Landmark and is considered to be the most important Catholic pilgrimage center in the United States (Wikipedia).   "El Santuario de Chimayo" is available as a 18"x24" stretched giclée canvas print mounted on a wood frame, ready to hang, for $125.  Also available as a 8"x12" Infused Aluminum Print, ready to hang, for $35.

"Bienvenidos!" was taken February 2014 while wandering the back roads in Galisteo, New Mexico.  Ristras - dried strings of red chili pepper pods - are a common sight in the southwest, particularly New Mexico, and are said to bring good luck.  "Bienvenidos!" is available as a 16"x32" stretched giclée canvas print mounted on a wood frame, ready to hang, for $125.

"Enlightenment" was taken during my second visit to the Portland Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon, in May 2014.  Unlike my first visit, this time I brought my camera and was able to capture this early morning view of the garden.  "Enlightenment" is available as a 16"x24" Infused Aluminum Print, ready to hang, for $200.

"Illumination" was taken in August 2014, after climbing down into one of the kivas in Pecos National Historical Park, about 25 miles east of Santa Fe.  I turned to go back up the ladder when I noticed that these beams of early morning light could be seen in the dust that I had stirred up while walking around.  "Illumination" is available as a 18"x24" stretched giclée canvas print mounted on a wood frame, ready to hang, for $125.

This is just a sampling of the work that will be on display.  As pieces sell (fingers crossed!) and I create new work, items offered for sale will change on a regular basis.

Next time you're in Madrid stop by "Mostly Madrid" and say hi. I'd love to meet you and chat...

View my online portfolio and purchase prints here

Also, I post photos on a daily basis on Facebook and Google+, and share photography related information on Twitter (@KSchafferPhoto).



No comments:

Post a Comment