Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rusting Relic

In the parking lot of the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, Arizona were several old cars, rusting relics of Route 66's golden years.  As the sun set and air cooled, I wandered around and took a few photos, trying out my new wide angle lens.  I got a couple of shots that were ok, but not great.  I decided to do a little HDR processing on a couple, using Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, as a way of both getting some practice with HDR processing (albeit with a single shot as opposed to a series of bracketed shots), and a chance to stretch my imagination a bit.  This is the best of the batch.  The original photo was overexposed in the upper right corner - which I couldn't fix in processing - but overall I'm pleased with the result (as an experiment).


Nikon D7000, Nikkor 10-24 DX

No comments:

Post a Comment